The aim is to support teachers’ professional development regarding selected sub-topics in order to strengthen the “team spirit in the classroom”.
The training material includes information on how to address children’s learning needs by focusing on individual interests and by using different strategies and tools in order to create a motivational learning environment and apply an authentic teaching style.
Furthermore, teachers will be provided with methods to improve their skills to guide learning. As a desired side effect, they will reflect on their own attitudes, habits and teaching roles.
For successful classroom management, teachers will be familiarised with the importance of disciplinary management by setting rules and goals in order to promote effective learning and transparency for pupils.
Related training contents
- To foster ideas generation for a positive learning environment
- To promote the use of methods to increase concentration
- To raise awareness for pupils’ change of behaviour and support analysis of challenging behaviour and choice of appropriate coping strategy
- To strengthen teachers’ skills regarding the setting of learning goals and rules based on a common understanding and common values
- I prepare and include pupils in my learning plans and thoughts
- I try not to use information, tools and methods that I don’t feel safe with and without first adapt them
- Whenever possible, I ask support from peers, school board, parents or experts on certain issues
- I don`t develop and apply activities and principles that are inappropriate either for myself or for my pupils
- I reflect and build on my professional knowledge and experience when applying information, tools and methods
- I try my best to remain calm and avoid starting an argument with pupils
- 7 ways to increase a student’s attention span (2015, July). Retrieved from https://www.edutopia.org
- Case study: Mona – primary (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk
- Creating and effective learning environment (2016, September). Retrieved from https://primarylearning.org
- Creating and implementing effective rules and consequences classroom (n.d). Retrieved from http://teachingasleadership.org
- Establishing behaviour management (n.d.). retrieved from http://teachingasleadership.org
- Lamba, Sonika et al. (2014): Impact of teaching time on attention and concentration. IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science, Volume 3, Issue 4 Ver. I, PP 01-04. Retrieved from http://www.iosrjournals.org
- Linda Shalaway (n.d.).Learning to teach. Not just for beginners: The essential guide for all teachers. Retrieved from http://www.scholastic.com
- School case studies: 2006-2011(2012, July). Retrieved from http://www.creativitycultureeducation.org
- Service Children`s education (2013): Guidance Managing Challenging Behaviour.
- Student engagement (2016, February). Retrieved from http://edglossary.org
- Material, resources, worksheets, concentration games: http://www.edhelper.com
- More information and tools on classroom rule setting: http://www.nea.org/tools/establishing-classroom-rules.html
- Online tool for classroom arrangement: http://teacher.scholastic.com/tools/class_setup